- Easy Access
- The Directory of Archival and Manuscript Repositories in the Northwest is a compilation of information about heritage institutions in the five-state Northwest region. Its purpose is to provide information about primary source holding in these institutions, including subjects covered by the primary sources and the volume of these holdings.
- Other Regional Archival Organizations in the Western U.S.
Journal of Western Archives
NWA serves as a proud institutional sponsor of the online peer-reviewed Journal of Western Archives.
The Journal of Western Archives (JWA) is a peer-reviewed, open access journal sponsored by Western regional archival organizations, including NWA. The journal focuses on contemporary issues and developments in the archival and curatorial fields, particularly as they affect Western archives and manuscript repositories.
JWA gives archivists, manuscript curators, and graduate students in the American West a place to publish on topics of particular interest and relevance to them, featuring research articles, case studies, and review essays on regional topics. Editors at JWA encourage submissions on topics such as
- Important Western regional issues in archives and manuscript repositories
- Unique archival developments in the western United States
- Technological innovations and their effect on archival theory and practice
- The history and development of the archival and curatorial professions in the American West
Collaborative efforts and projects between various cultural institutions If you are interested in contributing to JWA, visit the JWA web site or contact Maija Anderson, NWA's representative for the JWA.
Western Archives Listserv
"West_Arch" is the Western Archivists Listserv, the listserv for the following archival organizations in the Western United States:
- Society of California Archivists (SCA)
- Conference of Inter-Mountain Archivists (CIMA)
- Northwest Archivists (NWA)
- Rocky Mountain Archivists (RMA)
- Society of Southwest Archivists (SSA)
The listserv is intended for official communications of the above organizations and as a means for archivists and other professionals who collect, care for, and provide access to the documentary heritage of the West to share information of common interest, including job openings.
The listserv is also a professional resource for members to query their peers about issues/problems in their day-to-day work.
To subscribe, visit https://groups.google.com/a/lists.berkeley.edu/d/forum/west_arch or, via email, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
Send west_arch mailing list submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can reach the person managing the list at email@example.com